Even though more than one in three employers violates our basic minimum labour standards, the government does little to protect workers. 98% of employers found in violation of the law faced no fine or prosecution. With no real risk of being caught breaking the law and no real cost to violating employment standards, it is no surprise that violations are so widespread.
The government must ensure all employers follow the law in all workplaces.
Visit our STOP WAGE THEFT campaign page for more information.
- Sill Working on the Edge
- Unpaid Wages, Unprotected Workers: A Survey of Employment Standards Violations
- Taking Action Against Wage Theft: Recommendations for Change
- Submission to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs regarding Schedule 9, Bill 68
- WAC letter to Minister of Finance Dwight Duncan with Proposals for the Pre-Budget Consultation 2010
- WAC Submission on Priorities for the Ontario 2008 Budget
- Working on the Edge
- Effective and Enforced Employment Standards for Improved Income Security